12 June 2006

Today's simple pleasures

Today is a gorgeous day. It's 73F (23C). My simple pleasures this afternoon:
  • Holding a work meeting outside by a fountain.
  • Driving home with all the car windows open, singing all the way (Herbert Groenemeyer songs)
  • Making egg salad while dancing around the kitchen to the Chemical Brothers on the Current. (Sorry to say it's the first time I've heard them. I love the Middle Eastern interludes on "Galvanize"!)
  • Listening to Mary Lucia on the Current rant about buying bad produce. Something like "You get a cantaloupe that looks perfect; you get it home, cut into it and it's bad. I want to bring it back to the store and throw it through the window."
  • Taking Sophzilla for a lovely walk.
(One of Sophie's simple pleasures -- besides walks, chippies and her rubber chicken -- sitting on a lap. At right, she's on my Mom's lap.)

2 comments:

Eclectchick said...

Ahhh, reminds me of the days in college when we'd have class outside. The teacher even would take class to the park sometimes. Occasionally, we went for Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard. Mmmmm. That's theatre for ya.

Sophzilla said...

The coolest college class memory I have is that our media law professor took us all out for beers after the final. But, as it was winter, we drank inside. Still, free beer after a killer final!