12 June 2006

Did I just say that?

I'm the crazy auntie to three nieces and a nephew. They range in age from eight to three. I like to teach them silly things and sayings but I do lapse into parental mode now and again. It's the usual stuff -- get your finger out of your nose; don't eat with your face, use your silverware; don't touch the dog while you're eating; feet off the table, please -- that sort of thing. The best one lately was "Honey, don't lick the puppy." My adorable niece Kessa, almost 3, was licking Sophie on the back. Sophie licks her. Why not lick her back?

4 comments:

rigtenzin said...

That's great.

We've tried to collect sayings we never thought we'd say. Like, "We don't do that with cheese."

Or, "Don't put cheese in your belly button."

"Naked time doesn't start until 7."

"Wait until we get home to scratch your $%&@*."

Anonymous said...

I teach my young nieces and nephews to ask their single aunts and uncles, when they begin dating someone new, if the new boy/girlfriend is a good kisser. They usually ask this over dinner when Grandma and Grandpa are present.

Sophzilla said...

That's great! Mortification for everyone!

Eclectchick said...

FABULOUS!