18 June 2006

Big storm, again

On Friday night we had another big storm. The second in a month! Thunder, rain and wind. We lost power but it came on a few hours later, thankfully. The rain was coming down almost sideways.

Sophie is horribly afraid of thunder so she was a bit of a wreck (see photo at right). I tried to capture the awesomeness of the rain but as it was raining so hard and the wind was blowing like crazy, I didn't venture outdoors. I took these photos from inside, through the window screen. (I think that's how the professionals do it.) The rain running off the roof was quite amazing. Luckily all my plants were out of the way. A couple of years ago I had some flowers under the roofline and an entire pot just washed away during a big storm.

1 comment:

Eclectchick said...

Oh, yes! It was ARFul. Keats was camped out in his "nest" in the basement during it. The hubby said he must've beamed down ala Star Trek, he fled so quickly ya couldn't see him with the naked eye!

Mom, however, was out IN it. (see blog) Wooweeee!