23 June 2006

The Big Dipper

Last night it was very late and Sophie had to go outside. Then about five minutes later she had to go again. I was very disgusted, "Why didn't you finish the first time?"

As far back as I can remember I haven't been able to see the Big Dipper in the night sky. I remember my Dad trying to point it out to me. He'd point out several things in the sky, then, "Can you see it?" "Nope."

Last night on the second outing I was impatiently waiting for Sophie. In order to amuse myself while she took her sweet time, I looked up at the clear, night sky. There was the Big Dipper, as big as life. I couldn't believe it! I'd never been able to pick it out of the sky. I looked down, then up again. I could still spot it, in all its starry loveliness.

2 comments:

Eclectchick said...

Lovely post.

Another reason to love dogs. They tend to force one to take one's time AND then we can be lead to serendipitous discoveries!

rigtenzin said...

Welcome to the club of people who can spot the Big Dipper.

I'll teach you the secret sign next time I see you.