29 June 2006

Kettcar

Thanks to a tip from Julia, I'm now gleefully listening to a new-to-me German band, Kettcar. The singer has that slightly angsty tone. Now I have more songs to learn and sing in German. (Thank you Julia!) You can sample their music here (scroll to the bottom of the page for the videos).

The other day I heard the band Klee, also German on The Current. I really like their song Tausendfach. (Click here and then on one of the links under "'Das Video zu 'Tausendfach.'") The singer's voice is kind of ethereal, and the music has a good beat.

4 comments:

Eclectchick said...

ALL German bands sound angsty.

(jumping into fire)

Sophzilla said...

Oh [taking on a bossy tone of voice], you know all German bands? Ha ha ha!

Eclectchick said...

Why, yes! [taking on shifty-eyed give away, liar look]

Julia said...

Want some more? "Wir sind Helden" is another band and very successful in Germany.
But my favourite is Kettcar. I can listen to their songs without getting bored. It's funny that you say the singer's voice sounds angsty. I never had this associativity.