08 June 2006

Nice message you're sending

On my drive to work today I was behind a mini van with an interesting assortment of bumper stickers:
  • A cartoon outline of a little boy peeing on the words "anti-hunters"
  • "I'll fight for freedom" (sticker was partially peeling off)
  • An advert for a local elementary school
That peeing kid is so disgusting and on a mini van! I find it interesting that he/she will fight for freedom but not, apparently, freedom of thought. The juxtaposition of those with the elementary school was too odd.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw a white station wagon in California. The mom was wearing sunglasses and had three kids in the back seat. Her bumper sticker read: "Nudity is not a crime."

Anonymous said...

Now, see, I'd like a bumper sticker like that for my minivan ... not necessarily for myself, but because my kids are frequently running around sans apparel (I swear, they DO own clothes). Such a sticker would be a nice reminder for my neighbors on those days they're tempted to call Child Protective Services.

Julia said...

With a sticker like "Nudity is not a crime" you would receive a lot of laughter here.
But they would probably call you the worst names if you had one like "Soccer sucks";)

Sophzilla said...

I also saw a guy in a truck with a "shut up and drive" sticker -- that is, get off the phone and drive. However, he was driving and shaving!

Eclectchick said...

I just saw one of the ubiquitous ribbon magnet thingies on the back of a van today. It said, "Support Farting."

I hate those goshdarn ribbons, so crass as it is, that one got the ol' thumbs up.

Sophzilla said...

Ha ha ha! Support farting. That's a good one!

What bugs me is the signs that say "Support our [our is underlined] troops." Supporting troops, good idea. Why is our underlined? As opposed to what troops?

Anonymous said...

I like the patriots with the few-years-old bumper stickers that proclaim "Liberate Iraq."

Indeed.

Sophzilla said...

It does seem to send a mixed message when the stickers is all tattered and or half ripped off.