05 July 2006

Stink, stank, stunk

The Germany-Italy game was another nail biter. The Italians won, unfortunately. Oh the disappointment! I so wanted to see Germany in the final. I've already to committed to hosting a World Cup Final party next Sunday. Now I have keine Lust dafuer (I don't feel like it). Well, it will be a good game and by Sunday I'll be out of my funk.

On one hand I would like to see the Italians go down. On the other, they are a very good team and maybe I'd like to see them stomp on Portugual, the team that knocked England out. I'm going to try to make dishes that correspond with the countries. For that matter I hope that France wins today. I don't know any Portuguese dishes. I'd have to make a trip to the library or do some online research. Oh, how I was looking forward to cooking German food on Sunday. I feel bad for the German team. To get this far is such an accomplishment!

2 comments:

Julia said...

:(It's so sad. But we're very proud of the team. Nobody thought that they would ever come so far.
And the WM in Germany is such a success!
I hope that France will win today and that they kick out Italy on sunday.
And I bet the game on saturday will be a great party although it's only about becoming no.3.

Sophzilla said...

France won! Hooray! They can send the Italians packing on Sunday! And, one more chance to see the German team on Saturday.