13 April 2006

Spring and werewolves

This morning on the way to work saw the first fuzzy trees. You know, those first signs of buds that make the trees look, well, fuzzy. I just love spring. The warm days when you can, gasp, go without socks! And the cools nights when you can leave the windows open and use all the covers.

Last night about 2 a.m. Sophie had to go outside. It was pretty light out from the full moon. There were several dogs howling in the distance. I don't live in the country so this was pretty odd. Maybe the full moon is why I haven't been sleeping well this week. My body is trying to avoid turning into a werewolf and that takes all the energy usually reserved for keeping me asleep.

That or the weirdo dreams -- like the one a couple of days ago. I was picking a friend, who I hadn't seen in years, at the airport. We got to the parking ramp and some guys tried to carjack us. I said if they got of the car I'd give them all the money in my purse. They complied, I threw the money out the window and squealed off down the ramp. Then last night I dreamed that I was on spring break in Florida with all the college students. I rented a really nice, big house on the beach. People were walking through the house to the beach, rather than walking around, and frat boys were wrecking the living room. Honestly, none of these things have been on my mind lately. One night, please, just sleeeep. Is that so much to ask?

3 comments:

Julia said...

At the moment I have to learn anatomy and all kinds of sicknesses and so I dream very often of operations. That's weired!
I like the new look of your blog!

Sophzilla said...

I guess I'd rather dream about carjacking than illnesses! Glad you like the new look!

Anonymous said...

I know the end of the school year is near.....I dreamed that I was "hanging out" with my 5th period 7th graders and we all went out and I got my nose pierced.
Wonder how long I would keep my job with a nose ring?
Kim