24 April 2006

Clogged toilet, friend or foe?

If you live in New York City, you're more likely to have a clogged toilet, according to Scott Tissue and Clog Clinic. This sounds like a joke, but sadly, it is not. (See "Toilet Issue: New York City Named Nation's Cloggiest.")

The SCOTT Clog Clinic, an authority on common-sense solutions for avoiding stopped-up toilets, sponsored the survey to help Americans understand just how much of a nuisance a toilet clog can be and to offer common-sense ways to avoid such toilet-paper dissolve-ability problems. The release of the survey also comes as National Plumber's Day is on April 25...

Clog Clinic researchers say toilet clogs frequently occur during heavy flushing periods -- like halftime of the Big Game and Black Friday, the day after the Thanksgiving feast...

On behalf of the SCOTT(R) Brand, the Ketchum Global Research Network commissioned a survey to determine the cloggiest markets in America.

Specifically, the survey sought to quantify: [Snarky comments, mine.]

  • Cloggiest & least cloggy among DMA cities and C&D counties
  • Americans' experience with clogged toilets Mostly good
  • Feelings about clogged toilets Happiness
  • Type of items flushed down a toilet Combs, pets
  • Perceptions of clogged toilets It couldn't possibly happen to us
  • Knowledge about clogged toilets Toilets don't clog, do they?

4 comments:

Eclectchick said...

I consider these statistics flawed. Obviously, there are more humans, hence more loos, in NYC. Duh. (rolling eyes, clicking tongue)

Sophzilla said...

I love to make fun of my public relations colleagues. Again, if I had to write this release, I would have an "accident."

rigtenzin said...

Have you seen the episode of Sponge Bob when Mr. Crabs tries to sell a toilet plunger taken from the trash to Patrick? Crabs turns the plunger inside-out and tells Patrick that it's a rare, antique Swiss soup ladle. My kids play that scene whenever they see a plunger.

Sophzilla said...

I haven't seen that episode, unfortunately. I love SpongeBob. I think it was your kids who turned me on to the show. Your kids are so nuts! I would love to see them do that. Maybe I'll bring a plunger the next time I come over.