19 March 2006

Blog happy dance

I was thrilled last week when I got my first blog comment in German. I get great comments from my friends but this was one by someone in another country, in another language! The person referred me to a goofy Dutch site that has a wide array of dog accessories -- clothes, beds, etc. I was so happy to see that this neurosis is a worldwide phenomenon.

I checked out the commenter's blog, and this post made me snort -- Rueckgeld of the Beast (change of the Beast). Check out the Rueckgeld (change) line on the receipt. Snort! The lines under the photo say:
Und die ersten Worte der Kundin hinter mir an der Kasse waren: "Einmal hier den Halloween-Kürbis, bitte!" *muhahahahahah*

I believe this says: And the first words of the customers behind me in line were, 'Once here Halloween pumpkin, please.' muhahahaha I'm not sure what the pumpkin statement means either.
It's now 5:30 p.m., Sunday. I have successfully blown off all of my responsibilities today. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

MeisenKaiser said...

Freut mich, dass Dir das "Rückgeld" gefallen hat .. :-)
"Einmal hier den Halloween-Kürbis, bitte!" is just colloquial for something like "I would like to purchase this Halloween pumpkin, please."
Du verstehst offensichtlich schon sehr, sehr viel Deutsch, wie ich an vielen Deiner Blog-Einträge sehen kann. Kompliment und weiter so! Ich weiß, die deutsche Grammatik ist ein "Schmerz im Gesäß" (um ein schönes englisches Idiom mal (fast) wörtlich zu übersetzen .. ;-) )
Wenn Du gelegentlich "Podcasts" hörst, schau' doch mal bei der "Deutschen Welle" vorbei - die haben super Podcasts, mit denen man seine Sprachkenntnisse noch erweitern kann: http://www.dw-world.de/dw/0,2142,9541,00.html

Und kennst Du http://dict.leo.org ?
Ist eines der besten Online-Lexika!

Grüße und weiterhin viel Spaß beim Deutschlernen und FFH-Hören ... ;-)

Meisenkaiser