09 May 2006

Hyper-ven-til-ation

Poor Sophie. She just isn't enjoying the rainy weather. I love a nice, gentle thunder storm, especially in the evening. I love to listen to and smell the rain. Sophie does not. Right now she's sitting on my lap, panting and shaking. I keep thinking I'll have to put her little head in a bag so she doesn't hyperventilate. I don't think it would help to plug her ears. She starts to get nervous and fidgety even before it starts to thunder. Treats can't even distract her! My poor little barometer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just make sure it's a PAPER bag.

Anonymous said...

those creatures have a way of knowing whats coming long before we do.......my birds have beeen going a little crazy all night

Humble Pie said...

You sounded like Eddie Rabbit there for a minute!

I love the rain and thunderstorms - but for some reason I get pretty nervous with strong winds.

Eclectchick said...

Awww, as you know, Keats is a wreck during storms, too. It's so sad! Makes ya wish to speak dog, if only for a minute, to explain it all to them. Poor kids.

Sophzilla said...

Prince La Mancha. I know you meant meteorological winds, but that wasn't my first thought. :)