09 May 2006

How machiavellian are you?

How closely do you follow the ideas of the 16th century Italian political philosopher Niccolo Machiavelli? Take the Machiavelli Personality Test. "High Machs constitute a distinct type: charming, confident and glib,Jeeves and Wooster but also arrogant, calculating and cynical, prone to manipulate and exploit." Reminds me of the line from the Monty Python song, "Henry Kissinger."
Henry Kissinger
How I'm missing yer
You're the doctor of my dreams
With your crinkly hair and your glassy stare
And your machiavellian schemes
I know they say that you are very vain
And short and fat and pushy but at least you're not insane
Henry Kissinger
How I'm missing yer
And wishing you were here
It is one of my favorite songs from "Monty Python Sings." Highly singable. To hear a clip, click here and scroll down to the song. The whole ambience is very Jeeves and Wooster.

10 comments:

Humble Pie said...

I scored a 68 - that makes me a high Machiavellian.

I suppose you could now call me the "Prince of la Mancha!"

Eclectchick said...

I'm afraid to take the test. Remember what happened with the "What Level of Hell Are You In" test. shuddder

rigtenzin said...

I'm going to take the test. I'll report back.

rigtenzin said...

I'm back. 52 - low mach. I like that. The analysis is correct, I'm an exceptionally boring person to be around. Don't invite me to parties, instead invite people like Mr. La Mancha. Have fun. I'll be in my room reading.

Sophzilla said...

Oh Prince La Mancha. I had no idea that you would be so Kissingerian. And so soon after vacation, too!

Rigtenzin, do you take the cake into the room for your reading? Or do you leave a nasty note on the cake like, "Don't touch! It's my cake!" Wait, if you did, you'd probably be higher on the mach scale. I rated low as well. I'll be in my own room with a book and Sophzilla.

Eclectchick said...

Gulp! I finally took the test and scored 69! Even higher than MOLM!!!

Obviously, my aura needs cleansing.

Humble Pie said...

Way to go EclectChic! Go ahead and embrace your Mach self!

And as Rigtenzin pointed out - we're more fun to have at parties!

"So what does that mean? I make you laugh? I'm some kind of clown? I'm here to amuse you...."

Eclectchick said...

We're DEFINITELY more fun at parties. We don't have that pesky little inner voice telling us to behave . . .

rigtenzin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!