24 May 2006

Dogs have it good in the UK

Saw this story in Reuters this morning. I can hear the comments now. The rants about the lousy state of food in the UK. (I heard a Brit comedian once refer to the "food sinkhole that is Britain.") Eel pie is disgusting, but consider some of the American midwestern delights: fish soaked in lye, blood sausage, jello, and those cauldrons of booya at local fire stations:
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain is living up to its reputation as a nation of dog lovers with many owners feeding their four-legged friends healthier and tastier meals than they serve up for themselves, a survey published Wednesday said.

A study of 1,337 British dog owners found that 18 percent fed their pampered pet pooches a better diet than their own, giving them fresh dishes instead of tinned food.

Consequently 21 percent of dogs enjoyed cheese, 15 percent were given fish and 9 percent chomped on vegetables. More.

Sophzilla gets a very boring diet of potato/venison dog food with a little canned dog food mixed in as "gravy." I'm not swapping plates with her any time soon.

5 comments:

Eclectchick said...

Awww, Sophzilla and her headless chicken!!!

Sophzilla said...

The chicken is now in three pieces: head and neck, middle, butt and legs. She adores her chicken! Although, I like her to go after her Santa on a rope because then I get to say, "Go get Santa!" in a menacing voice.

Eclectchick said...

LOL!! Seriously, I'm laughing out loud. THANK YOU!

I can't believe you haven't found her a Dubya to rip into pieces. What's up with that???

(Hey - today's word verification is bossy: hryup.)

rigtenzin said...

That's great. I'm yelling, "Get Santa!" My coworkers are giving me strange looks. That's cause they're all strange lookin'.

Sophzilla said...

I am now on a quest for a Bush chew toy. I think I'd like a whole flock of Bushies, including Paul Wolfowitz, even though he technically doesn't work for Cheney any more.