26 September 2005

Word pack rat

I jot down funny phrases on my Palm Pilot. I don't collect other things but I am a word pack rat -- particularly if those words are goofy, rather mean or don't quite make sense. (I'm not a mean person but I talk a good game.) I'm not sure where some of these came from. My apologies to the writers. Some favorites:
  • He had delusions of adequacy (Clarence Darrow)
  • Mean-spirited little dwarf
  • I haven't had this much fun since a pig ate my brother
  • Honey, we don't do that with cheese (my friend Kathy to one of her children)
  • Get a move on you strange and insane idiot
  • You are very beautiful. Are those your real teeth?
  • Wholesale galloping ignorance (Calvin Trillin)
  • We thought you was a toad ("O Brother, Where Art Thou?")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is one I like:

Are you really this obtuse, or are you just trying to annoy me?

From one of those E.M. Forster books made into a movie - argh what's the title? The one with Helena Bonham Carter (again) and Emma Thompson as sisters . . ..

Sophzilla said...

Howard's End?

I also like "Ahhh I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again."