16 September 2005

Crazy? Oblivious? Jerk?

Bush Suspends Prevailing Wage Laws for Katrina Clean Up. Is he crazy? Didn't we learn anything about poverty in this disaster? Did he totally space out "love your neighbor as yourself"? Does this Christian think Jesus wasn't serious?

Go to Sojourners and take the Katrina pledge:
1. I pledge to be personally involved in helping those whose lives have been affected by this natural disaster - by praying for the victims and their families and by offering my time, talents, and resources to relief and recovery ministries that are meeting their needs.

2. I pledge to work for sweeping change of our nation's priorities. I will press my elected representatives to protect the common good - especially the needs of our poorest families and children - rather than supporting the twin social disasters of tax cuts for the rich and budget cuts that hurt the poor.

No comments: