03 October 2006

Sommermaerchen, Summer fairytale

On Julia's blog I learned about this fabulous film that opens in Germany this week! It's about the German national team's rise to the World Cup and is called Sommermaerchen (Summer Fairytale). How true. Please, oh please, come to the U.S.!

The clip is great. (You have to wait a bit for the announcers to intro it.) I love how the German soldiers give the wave to the German team bus as it goes by, and someone waking up a player, who looks like Lukas Podolski, by enticing him with Paprika chips.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, I can't wait to see it.

Julia said...

I've seen Sommermaerchen today. My opinion isn't very objective but I think the film is very interesting and entertaining.
I laughed a lot but there were some very moving moments, too.
You get an idea of what was going on in this country and what it was about the team and Klinsi.
I hope that you can enjoy it soon.