14 August 2006

Simple pleasures

Some of this evening's lovely simple pleasures:
  • Took Sophie for a walk after work. Her body language is so happy on walks and she adores smelling the whole neighborhood.
  • The weather is lovely again. Low humidity and high 70s (about 25C).
  • My neighbor is barbequing something and spreading one of my favorite summer smells -- lighter fluid.
  • A lovely salad with salad cream. I found salad cream at a cool grocery in Chicago. I got hooked on it while I was in England. It's not so easy to find here.
  • And lastly, listening to music by Eros Ramazzotti. (Bambino Nel Tempo and Yo Sin Ti are current favorites.) What a great voice! I have no knowledge of Italian so he could be singing something really foul. But he makes it sound so nice!

2 comments:

rigtenzin said...

Ahhhh, the smell of backyard barbeque. It smells like burning hair. It reminds me of the smell in the air after a tribe of barbarians sacks the neighborhood.

Sophzilla said...

Well now you've almost ruined it for me. Thank you very much.