09 August 2006

Kevin Kling!

We have Kevin Kling tickets! The description does include something about possible audience participation. That makes me shudder. But for Kevin, I'm willing to brave the possibility.

My friend MJ loved Kevin Kling. A couple of years ago I went to visit her in the hospital just after she had cancer surgery. She was her usual exuberant, crazy self. She asked me, "Guess what I got for my birthday?" Before I could answer she yelled, "You'll never guess! Some friends took me to see Kevin Kling and we got to go backstage and meet him!"

Kevin Kling is a hilarious storyteller. Some of his stories are about growing up and all the trouble he and his brother got into. You can listen to his advice on winter survival. He says things like this, about his dachshunds: "I've never seen so much can-do attitude in such a cant'-do body.


3 comments:

Eclectchick said...

I hope you get singled out and brought up on stage for the audience participation.

snigger

Anonymous said...

That Kevin Kling is so funny!

I wanted to go but had to organize things for the rummage sale at church this Friday and Saturday.

Mother, Aunt Agnes and Aunt Rose went and said it was a hoot and a holler. I gave my ticket to my oldest niece, Jane. She wants to take her children to see Kevin sometime.

Sophzilla said...

Oh Gert, you are so very sweet. I would have loved to hear your titter on the recording.