15 August 2006

Periodic tables

I don't know that I ever memorized the whole periodic table in chemistry. Science knowledge just swam around in my head and then exited, unable to find a spot to land.

The Table of Condiments that Periodically Go Bad is one I could maybe remember. Who knew that hummus can go off after a week? I guess condiments are just more applicable to my world.

At a coffee shop in Chicago I saw the Periodic Table of Desserts. It, too, would be more memorable than the elements table. There is also a pictoral version (below).

4 comments:

rigtenzin said...

Ah! Help! Something is wrong with my eyes. All I can see are shades of orangish brown.

Sophzilla said...

I had to change the background. I was trying to update the old colors and, with my limited HTML knowledge, ended up deleting half the code. When you loaded the main page all you saw was a half screen of code. Aaaaargh! I am a good example of a little knowledge being dangerous.

Anonymous said...

Dealing with that nasty code just stinks doesn't it?
I oughta know..I sling it every day!

Sophzilla said...

Anon -- You are like the modern day version of a gun slinger. Do you have a holster?