14 August 2006

It's a terrible thing to lose one's mind

At work we were just mourning the fact that our brains aren't able to handle all we need to remember. "Why did I leave my desk?" "Why did I walk over to the printer?" "Where did I leave my water bottle?"

Multi-tasking and too much to do certainly take their toll. I thought it would be nice to have a secondary brain to house the information that falls through the cracks. Kind of like how cows have more than one stomach. To which Sheriboo replied with the soon-to-be-classic line, "I just want to remember what I already know."

4 comments:

Eclectchick said...

Well, farmers feed their cows a magnet. Said magnet doesn't go any further through the GI system, instead, it actually hangs around in one of the stomachs (don't ask me which one, I can't remember and am too lazy to google it) which is farthest away from the heart, so any other metal objects (i.e. nails, etc.) the cows ingest will stick to said magnet and not poke through and skewer the cow's heart.

That was a long-winded way of saying too bad our brains can't swallow a magnet - might be easier to remember stuff, huh?

Ummm. Never mind.

BTW - I only got 3 hours sleep last night and was totally freaked me out by the blog color change. Ay yi yiiiii!!!

Anonymous said...

Remember, it's spelled "tomatoe."

Sophzilla said...

Cool cow story. Is it real or a "story?"

Eclectchick said...

(said in spooky ghost story telling voice)

Ohhhhh, no. It's real.