12 September 2006

Observations

This spent this afternoon at a board meeting. I think I was more introspective today. A few observations:
  • If there is a negative to anything, some people will spot it and point it out to everyone.
  • For some people, a board meeting is simply an excuse to show off how smart they are and how much they know about everything. (Oh I don't know. If you have a Ph.D. I assume you know a couple of things.)
  • Some people just put in their time.
  • Some people have a lovely way of looking at the bright side.
  • Some people seem unengaged and then they say something that blows you away or brings clarity or closure to a situation.
  • Some people are incredibly appreciative of even the smallest of contributions or niceties.
  • Some people will always welcome you with a smile.

6 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

some people just need to be smacked.

and we call them 'bored meetings'.



but, it sho'nuff is nice when somebody acts nice and values efficiency.


they usually get fired.

Sophzilla said...

And Robert's Rules of Order. Aack.

Eclectchick said...

"Some people will always welcome you with a smile."

Is there another possible way to welcome YOU?

rigtenzin said...

Point of order! Point of order! (Scream it at the top of your lungs with a high-pitched, screechy voice.)

I attend my local politcal caucuses and they use RRO. It's pretty fun to see in action once in a while. I also have the option of leaving when I want to.

Sophzilla said...

EclectChick -- you are the nicest! Rigentzin -- it would be good to yell Point of Order and then giggle maniacally and run out of the room.

Eclectchick said...

I can't think of many situations in which giggling maniacally and running away WOULDN'T be really fun.