26 September 2006

How do you get your alias name?

On the news this morning, there was a story about a guy who burgled a bunch of stuff and now is helping the police recover what he stole. But that wasn't what got my attention. That or the fact that he'd been convited of 10 theft-related crimes since 1986. What caught my attention was this, "Wade Duane Arvidson, also known as Michael Damron." How did he pick that name as his alias? Was Michael some kid he didn't like in the second grade? Did he pick the name out of the air? Was he hoping to get the real Michael Damron, assuming there is one, in trouble?

Little things like this often control an inordinate amount of my gray matter.

9 comments:

Eclectchick said...

I have it all figured out.

Wade obviously didn't know how to spell nimrod. He thought it was spelled "namrod."

You see, Damron is a word jumble of namrod (nimrod). As for the "Michael," that was probably Wade's father, who is now deceased, but whom Wade could never quite please.

Any other questions?

Sophzilla said...

Thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

rigtenzin said...

I won't try to match eclectchic's explnation, but I have a suggestion if you are thinking about committing some crimes and need an alias.

Read the FROM address in the junk mail you receive. I read that field for laughs. I've been collecting my favorites.
- Ferdinand Yarborough
- Silas Dickens
- Theona Beaver
- Lenora Dudley
- Thaddeus Bacon

Eclectchick said...

Thaddeus Bacon, huh? Hmm, that sounds familiar.

I wish I could share with you the list of amazing but true names my hubby has been collecting as he does conflict checks here at work. Truly wonderful and astounding stuff!

Sophzilla said...

There was a middle school teacher named Mrs. Avalalamont-Teppin. I'm not sure what her first name was. I do like the last name. Seeing those lispy fifth graders trying to see Avalalamont was great!

Eclectchick said...

You are SO making that up.

Sophzilla said...

I'm not! Mrs. Avalalamont-Teppin exists. I'm not sure if I spelled Avalalamont correctly. But I did spell it phonetically. Makes you feel like you're tongue is swollen!

Anonymous said...

hey my name is actually michael damron. but i think i'm going to start going by Wade Duane Arvidson.

Sophzilla said...

Michael -- I bet you got just a bit of kidding on the playground!

Mr. Arvidson, I like the addition of a middle name. Makes you sound like a super criminal!