13 February 2006

My new favorite song

My new favorite song is Dove C'e Musica by Eros Ramazotti (from the album of the same name). I don’t know if it’s the beat, the string-like instruments in the background and or how seems to pour his heart into in the song. The beat does remind me of another favorite, Over My Shoulder by Mike & the Mechanics. I don’t know what he’s singing about. I know no Italian. I put the song title in a couple of free online translators and this is the best I got: Where There and Music. Helpful, no?

Funny. I loved this singer when I lived in Germany. Then I didn’t hear him again until I started listening to German radio on the Web about a year and a half ago. There he was again! I ordered up some CDs and have been re-hooked every since. (Life is so much easier in this Web era!) When I enjoyed his singing back in the ‘80s I had no idea how completely beautiful he is.

If you want to sample Dove C’e Musica, you can check it on Amazon. (Scroll down to the CD track listing.)

No comments: