20 February 2006

Home Sweet Home

I am at home and so is Sophie. Yay! I love to travel but coming home is quite nice. I'm glad to have a day to regroup since I now have a terrible cold. Sleep 10 hours, up for two... Thank you fellow passengers, full of disease.

When you schedule your next plane trip, avoid US Airways at all costs. Unless you are extremely short, enjoy kiddie-sized planes and like leaving and arriving late. There is no legroom -- and I'm short! Once my carry-on was under the seat in front of me, there was no way I could fish it out until we reached our destination. On Saturday afternoon we arrived in Charlotte, late, and there wasn't a ramp to go from the plane to the walkway so we had to wait while someone fetched one. On Saturday night, they put too much fuel in the plane so we had to wait while some was taken out. It took forever! I expected to see one guy, a little hose and a cup at the side of the plane. Really, it was like monkeys were running the show. But, with monkeys you'd at least have more fun watching the foibles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They don't call airplanes "germ tubes" for nuttin'.