27 February 2006

Finally, Schnappi! (Endlich Schnappi!)

Finally, FFH played my favorite song from last year's Fasching -- Schnappi. It's the cutest thing in the world. You can see the video here. On the right side of the screen, you'll see two boxes. One has "Sehen" at the top. Click on the picture. The song is about a little crocodile, Schnappi. He's sweet and a bit cheeky. Schnappi is a play on the word schnappen which means to snap.

Here's how it starts. My translation isn't the best but you get the idea.
I am Schnappi, the little crocodile. I come from Egypt, that lies on the Nile. At first I was in an egg, then I snap, snap, snapped myself free.

Ich bin Schnappi, das kleine Krokodil. Komm aus Ägypten, das liegt direkt am Nil. Zuerst lag ich in einem Ei, dann schni-, schna-, schnappte ich mich frei.

No comments: