12 October 2005

Birthday day 10

I continued the birthday follies this past weekend with a fabulous dinner with friends at Brit's. No one knew everyone (except me). It's fun to be the catalyst for mixing. There were friends from the England and German programs, past and current jobs and some guy we met in the parking ramp. (Just kidding.)

The Woodpecker cider is just as lovely as I remembered. I I were feeling more creative, I would write a very bad poem. Here is a rather lame attempt at haiku:

Golden cider,
Tasty and delicious,
How much to lay under the tap?

Golden cider,
Hot or cold weather OK,
Apples never taste this good.

Golden cider,
Many memories have I,
The cozy pub.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure have attractive friends, Sophzilla! Which one is you? :)

Anonymous said...

Sophzilla is NOT in the picture - nice job memorializing the occasion. (rolling eyes) Jes kiddin'!!!

LOVE the haiku - I love cider, as do you!!!