10 October 2005

At least I have my head

A friend sends me weekly e-mails from Knowledge News. Very interesting even for the math/science challenged. In the latest edition, info on Greek goddess statues found on Crete. I find this very interesting:
Athena--Greek goddess of wisdom, war, and handicraft--remains whole. Hera, however--Greek goddess of marriage and queen of the Olympian gods--has lost her head.
On another note, I saw Wallace & Gromit, the Curse of the Were-Rabbit this weekend. It was hilarious and very cute. And, it topped the U.S. box office charts this past weekend! That Nick Park is a genius! Most of the movie is made with clay models so it takes forever to do the movie. Shoot a smile, raise one eyebrow a little, another shot... ad infinitum! Only one thing missing from the movie was the toaster/spreader invention featured in earlier shorts. (The toast pops up and a slapper thing butters and jams the toast. Brilliant!

No comments: