22 September 2008

Make-me-laugh list, episode 2

Too many posts to include in the previous make-me-laugh list. I love, love clever insults. I don't often get a chance to use them, but they're still useful as exasperation letting-outers.
  • Sagface charisma vacuum. The News Quiz (BBC)
  • Git wizard. The News Quiz (BBC)
  • Survival of the gittest. The News Quiz (BBC)
  • Dumber than a sack of hammers. The News Quiz (BBC)
  • The whip-crack smart gang of chimps that look after our government. The News Quiz (BBC)
  • Worst thing invented by humans since mustard gas. Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me (NPR)
  • Too stupid to be elected. Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me (NPR)
  • [Insert word] is [insert language] for 'I think the medicine is wearing off.' The News Quiz (BBC)
  • It's a loathe-hate relationship. Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me (NPR)
  • You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em bread. Southern hickism related via Kelsey (a non hick)
  • Niinyhammer. Samuel Johnson
  • Eye of a tiger, mouth of a teamster. Homer Simpson describing Lisa's performance as a hockey goalie
  • Charles Ryder's father: You liked Miss ____?
    Charles: No
    Father: No? Was it her little moustache you objected to or her very large feet?
    Brideshead Revisited

2 comments:

~moe~ said...

I love funny insults too...especially when people don't quite get them. Like when we play hangman at work and I put up the word "Persnickety" and no one quite gets that a lot of the people in my building fit this too a "t". :) Plus it's just a fun word to say.

But this is also why I love Shakespeare...if only I could remember all of his greatly worded slams on people. :)

Sophzilla said...

Ah, when you get the confused look and the crickets... it's a beautiful thing! :)