02 December 2006

Dog accessories

In a recent post, I talked about pushing my mind in directions it normally wouldn't go. I was trying to do just that today reading an edition of Dog Fancy, a publication I normally mock.

Well, I do have a bit of crow to eat. There was a nice story about service dogs and an interesting one about the day in the life of a dog trainer. As a reward for this, I browsed through the ads in the back which are good for a laugh and few, "Oh man that's odd." or "That is so wrong."
  • A pet murphy bed, which would actually be very handy if you lived in a tiny Manhattan apartment.
  • A pet pouch, a la a baby snuggly. I was behind a person with one of these in the registration line at the Bark in the Park walk for the Humane Society. She gave me a look that said, "Yah, I'm a bit embarrassed to be wearing this."
  • Pearl necklaces or a $595 gold toggle necklace with heart charm.
  • Spendy but clever hide-a-crates.
  • Fun blue floral dog dress. Well, this would only be good if you could get a human matching dress. Shudder. This site, is the funniest/scariest (fuariest?). Categories under the clothing menu include: sportswear, casual dog clothes, jumpsuits and pants, lounge and swim, casual dog dresses and dog dresses (including the red floral picnic dog dress).
I have a love/hate with the dog clothes, especially. I think they're demeaning for dogs and twisted for their people. But, I love to look at them and laugh.

1 comment:

Julia said...

A pet pouch! Oh my God! If you ask me things like that are a sign of civilisation's downfall.