20 December 2006

I need a vacation

This fall has been nutty beyond belief, particularly at work. I sometimes feel like I've been on a merry-g0-round that has gone awry, going so fast you see only streaks of color rather than horses. It's been very interesting and often rewarding but my brain has left the building. Some examples:
  • My work on the computer is scary. I cannot spell, or type. I often put my fingers on the wrong keys and many times I forget to use whole words.
  • I forget what I'm doing many, many times a day.
  • I sometimes have to clarify things more than once because I forget the gist of a project or conversation. (For me this is highly unusual.)
  • I ask people to do things multiple times. I don't remember that I've already delegated the projects.
  • I forget what day it is.
  • I've forgotten my library account number. I've had it for almost six years and I've known it by heart for about as long.
So I'm writing things down more than ever, waiting for my blessed break which begins Friday.

6 comments:

Eclectchick said...

Yipes! Time for some deep cleansing breaths. Of course, that'll only help for a few minutes, then you'll have to repeat. Soon, you'll find you are hyperventilating, and thus have something new to add to your list.

Labels are great for this post: "brain, empty, vacation"

rigtenzin said...

It's probably a tumor.

Sophzilla said...

If it is a tumor, I'm going to let it grow until there's a bubble on my head.

Anonymous said...

I'm blaming my own empty-headedness on middle-age hormone fluctuations. 'cause that gives me some faint hope that I'll get my brain back after menopause!

rigtenzin said...

I bet you could find a hat to cover the bubble. I once knew a woman who had a tumor between her eyes and didn't know it, but when she was diagnosed I thought to myself, "I knew there was something extra going on in there." She's better now.

Sophzilla said...

Rigtenzin--you are, as the Germans would say, am weirdsten (if weird was a German word) -- the weirdest.