02 December 2008

Well done little man

Via News of the Weird and titled, "Warm up a cell right now for this 5-year-old because it's just a matter of time."
Dad tells 5-year-old, 'You did the crime, you walk the line'

ALYSSA BETTS
November 28th, 2008
A TERRITORY man has been making his five-year-old son walk two-and-a-half hours to school every day, after he was kicked off the school bus.

When Jack Burt confessed that he'd been banned for five days for hitting the bus driver in the head with an apple core, dad Sam thought he should learn the hard way.

He and Jack last week were getting up at 5.10am for the dusty 13km-hike from the Darwin rural area of Herbert, all the way to Humpty Doo.

The boy did not learn his lesson. When he returned to the bus he was in trouble after only three stops. More.
From Northern Territory News

2 comments:

~moe~ said...

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I can understand wanting your child to know right from wrong, but don't children act out because it gives them attention? I'm not a child psychologist so what do I know. Just seems a little sad.

rigtenzin said...

I bet they enjoy their walks to school.