07 January 2007

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my Dad's birthday. In honor of this day I'll share a few facts about him.

He is the most popular guy at his church. We practically have to drag him out. Every time you turn around someone's yelling, "Hey Tom!" Everyone loves Tom. It reminds me so much of my grandpa, his Dad. Everyone loved Sam, too.

My Dad is very law abiding, particular while driving. He'll drive at the speed limit or only a couple miles above it "just in case my speedometer is a little off." And if he's put on the turn signal for a left turn and you say, "You need to make a right turn here," he will not switch the turn signal and make a right turn. "I've already made my decision." If you're standing at a crosswalk and it says, "Don't walk," he won't. Even if there are no cars in sight. He never believed my argument that the sign really means, "Don't walk unless someone is coming."

He also has a goofy, Dad sense of humor. If you say, "I'm hungry," he'll say, "Nice to meet you, I'm Tom." And to this day when it comes time for the children's sermon at church he'll nudge me and motion with his eyes for me to go up front.

Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!

3 comments:

Eclectchick said...

Your dad sounds super great. Your description makes me think of my dad.

I'm glad you cherish your dad so much. From what I hear from other people, awesome and exceptional dads like ours don't come along everyday, so . . . give your pa a big hug for me, cuz I sure miss mine.

rigtenzin said...

I like your dad. He must be a good guy or how would you have turned out so well. I'm not sure how to explain your brothers though ... I mean the way you describe them. I hope they don't read this blog. Ooops. Just kidding, I mean about your brothers.

This makes me want to call my dad. Thanks for the reminder.

Sophzilla said...

Thanks Rig!