17 November 2006

Pink Floyd

I've really been enjoying Pink Floyd lately. The music on many of the songs is incredibly beautiful. I'm particularly liking "High Hopes" (see video below).

I remember driving cross country with one of my brothers and my parents. He had "The Wall," on his Walkman. I was bored with my selection so I tried that. I only knew their song "Money" and I hated that. I was astounded by the musicality, the beautiful strings, etc. After listening to "Comfortably Numb" I turned to Steve and said, "This music is quite beautiful. I love the strings!" His look was priceless. I got the crickets.

7 comments:

rigtenzin said...

You are awesome. I really like the music of Pink Floyd. Thanks for sharing this video link. I've never seen it before.

Sophzilla said...

Thanks Rigtenzin! They are so ethereal and deep. Makes you really want to spit at the "oh baby, baby" bands!

Anonymous said...

I love listening to Pink Floyd. In fact, I am sitting here in my Pink Floyd PJ pants and surfing the net. I used to bring my cassette player on the bus and sing along to their songs on the way to school. (we had an hour ride...) Jazz and News of the World are pretty awesome. Some of the music from when Freddie was close to the end is pretty thought provoking.
Remind me to show you a wall video I created to introduce the topic to my 7th graders.

Kim

rigtenzin said...

Anon is messing with us.

Anonymous said...

No, it'e early onset Alzheimers. That and too many middle school kids messing with me.

I confused Queen and Pink Floyd.


Sorry

Sophzilla said...

Oh Kim, you must be about ready to bolt for the door. I hope you get a nice break from the kiddies. I want to see that Wall video!

Eclectchick said...

Well, well, well. I never would've pegged you as a Pink Floyd fan.

Not that I know from Pink Floyd, really.

Still, hmmmmmmm.