20 September 2005

An ode to book club

Tonight it's book club. Yay! It's a great group of people with different professions and backgrounds so the discussion is always lively. Say Bird Song or mention the author Diana Gabaldon in our group and you'll get a host of reactions, many of them loud. (Bird Song was excellent except for the last section -- no matter what anyone says. Sally is with me on this one. I found Diana G. books in Switzerland this summer. I told the Gabaldon-lovers that I thought this was a waste of the German language.)

I don't know any men who are in book clubs. That's too bad. Once a month or so you get together with a great group of interesting, funny, smart people. I likely wouldn't have met these people without book club. That would have been a shame. My life is so much richer with them in it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know men in book clubs. They're mostly in their 30s to 50s and white. Fairly mixed between single and coupled, gay and straight. Would you like to meet any?

Frank

Anonymous said...

Such nice things to say about our book club! Thank you. But it's true, we are a good group.

Karen, member of the Book Club

Anonymous said...

Did you write this before or after I was dubbed the club "ass"? Hey, is it legal to swear on your blog site? Is saying "ass" swearing at all? Hmmm, I smell a blog topic . . .